Entrepreneur Jason Calacanis made the call yesterday to speculate and crowdsource about the Boston bombings—"'Shut up and let the cops do their job’ in the case of a terrorist attack is EXACTLY wrong"—but he needn't worry, Reddit is all over it. They have a spreadsheet even! So let's find out how the nice folks at /findbostonbombers are doing.
• "I hate to even bring up this point, but when I have seen videos of radical Islamists yelling 'allahu akbar' in the past, I seem to recall seeing them make something like the pinched thumb and forefingers gesture he is making in the second picture."
• "also could it be possible that slinging it on and off your shoulder could make the bomb unstable and prematurely go off? the way hes holding it here though, he could easily set it down and walk away without drawing a lot of attention. he also stood out to me because of his look. he fits the profile of the kind of person i think did this.i think it was not a foreigner, i believe it is a white, mid 30's to 40's, possible anti government individual. also, he doesnt fit in with anyone in the picture to me, although he could be there for a wife, son, daughter etc cheering them on."
OMG RIGHT? LOOK AT THOSE ANGRY BROWN PEOPLE.
• "The perpetrator could even be a person on here or another website identifying other people instead of themselves or editing others' images."
• "sorry, but that appears to be a simply orange orange juice."
• "As has been pointed out before – if you DO find a suspicious buyer, it is not a good idea to actually post about them here, in case they are a bored college student like many of us (and 25%! of Boston during the school year). Directly contact the FBI."
VERY TERRORIST, PERSON WITH A BAG.
Don't worry, FBI, the Internet will have this thing taken care of in no time.