.@mikebloomberg says 500 tax filers pay an incredible 15 percent of the city's income tax.
— Jill Colvin (@colvinj) October 12, 2012
On radio, .@mikebloomberg says .1 percent (3700 people) of New Yorkers pay 27 percent of the city's taxes.
— Dana Rubinstein (@danarubinstein) October 12, 2012
1. Can this be true.
2. I suppose it totally can be?
3. Can you show me the list though?
4. I presume these are all corporation-people, not people-people, yes? I mean, same difference.
5. I bet Eliot Spitzer is on there. Or at least Bernard Spitzer.
6. What about Jay-Z?
7. Also Mariah. And that adorable Rob Speyer.
8. And how much of the City do they own, then? "Almost all" of it?