Tuesday, October 9th, 2012
7

Roach-Eating Contest Ends With Winner's Terrible Death


The winner of a Florida roach-eating contest collapsed and died immediately after downing piles of filthy roaches and worms. Why did the man do this? To win the grand prize! (The grand prize was "a python.") This is what happens when an entire generation of Americans grows up believing the key to success (in the absence of hard work or talent) is doing something disgusting for media attention. Thanks, Survivor!

Edward Archbold was 32 when he dropped dead outside the Ben Siegel Reptile Store, 40 miles north of Miami in the strip-mall town of Deerfield Beach. “He seemed like kind of a wild guy," the snake shop owner told the Miami Herald. "He was wearing a bandanna, wrist bands and a shirt that said 'Event Staff.'"

The man started vomiting before he could collect the $700 snake, which he apparently planned to sell, and then he collapsed and died outside the reptile shop, the end.

7 Comments / Post A Comment

hershmire (#233,671)

Now, now. Our generation also knows the lottery is another path to success.

grandpa27 (#804)

Another 15 minutes of glory goes sour – or should I say deadly.

Ralph Haygood (#13,154)

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have a winner…of a Darwin award (http://bit.ly/97P57w).

Also, Florida strikes again! Your move, Alabama/Arizona/Georgia/Mississippi/Oklahoma/South Carolina/Tennessee/Texas.

BadUncle (#153)

At least he didn't have to suffer through drinking Pinkberry.

SidAndFinancy (#4,328)

He died doing what he loved. Vomiting roaches and worms while dressed like Bjorn Borg.

Cord_Jefferson (#2,111)

You read it four times and you laugh and laugh but the fifth time it hits you and it's just so sad and that's one of the many great things about Ken Layne's writing.

hman (#53)

"Ben Siegel Reptile Store" – love you Florida.

Post a Comment