Taylor Swift’s Analogies, In Order Of Incomprehensibility
by Julie Beck
23. You, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard.
22. The moon like a spotlight on the lake.
21. Today was a fairytale.
20. I need you like a heartbeat.
19. Spinning like a girl in a brand-new dress.
18. You’re just another picture to burn.
17. You call me up again just to break me like a promise.
16. Untouchable, like a distant diamond sky.
15. Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place.
14. I’m a crumpled up piece of paper lying here.
13. He leaves you out like a penny in the rain.
12. I’m shining like fireworks over your sad empty town.
11. Loving him was red.
10. You held your head like a hero on a history book page.
9. Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there’s no right answer.
8. We were dancing like we’re made of starlight.
7. You come around and the armor falls, pierce the room like a cannonball.
6. You were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter.
5. His love is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street.
4. He’s the song, in the car, I keep singing, don’t know why I do.
3. The way you move is like a full on rainstorm, and I’m a house of cards.
2. Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met.
1. Cory’s eyes are like a jungle, he smiles, it’s like the radio.
Julie Beck is a writer, editor and Taylor Swift aficionado living in Chicago.