52 Terrible Titles Of Plays That Were Actually Produced And Published
by Wendy MacLeod and Will Arbery
52. The King of the Kosher Grocers
51. Onion Heads
50. Aspirin and Elephants
49. Bashville in Love
48. Aren’t We All?
47. Schmulnik’s Waltz
46. James Skipworth and the Catfish Colonel
45. Jump, I’ll Catch You!
44. I Think You Think I Love You
43. Tod, the Boy, Tod
42. Maiden’s Progeny
41. Grandma Sylvia’s Funeral
40. Criminals in Love
39. Six Who Pass While the Lentils Boil
38. The Juice of Wild Strawberries
37. Ding Dong Dead
36. Deflowering Waldo
35. How His Bride Came to Abraham
34. Dying for Laughs
33. Daughters of the Lone Star State
32. Southern Baptist Sissies
31. Daddy’s Dyin’… Who’s Got the Will?
30. Doing Time at the Alamo
29. Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
28. Golf: The Musical
27. Thataway Jack
26. Mr. Rickey Calls a Meeting
25. Death Bed
24. The Remarkable Mr. Pennypacker
23. A Little Quickie
22. Sin, Sex and the C.I.A.
21. Hot Bed Hotel
20. The Lone Star Love Potion
19. When the Cat’s Away
18. The Curse of Ravensdurn
17. Are You Sure?
16. Death in England? Another Inspector Mirabelle Adventure
15. Ciao, Baby!
14. Valentines and Killer Chili
13. The Lucky O’Learys
12. Don’t Hug Me
11. First Baptist of Ivy Gap
10. Shady Business
8. Position Available
7. Back of the Throat
6. Two Wives and a Dead Guy
4. A Mother, A Daughter, and A Gun
3. A Town Called Shame
2. The Sensuous Senator
1. Who’s in Bed with the Butler?
Wendy MacLeod is the James E. Michael Playwright-in Residence at Kenyon College. Her play The House Of Yes is a Miramax film. She has been published in the New York Times, The International Herald Tribune, The Chicago Tribune, The Washington Post, The Rumpus, NPR’s “All Things Considered” and POETRY magazine. Her new play Find And Sign opens in January. She also must confess that she wrote a play called Apocalyptic Butterflies.
Will Arbery graduated from Kenyon College in May, and now he lives in Brooklyn where he’s trying to be a playwright and an adult.