by The Awl
A small and independent internet media company (okay, it’s us) requires a part-time bookkeeper, probably one to two days each month. (You’ll tell us!) Most work can be done remotely. The ability to meet monthly in our Downtown Brooklyn office is preferred but not necessary.
• Enter Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable in Quickbooks Pro 2014
• Match bank deposits with client payments
• Assist sales team with collections and track receivables from issued invoices
• Monthly bank reconciliation
• Pay 1099 vendors via Bank of America Quickpay and PayPal on a monthly basis
• Consult with partners to time accounts payable with cash on hand
• Issue 1099s
• Develop and coordinate invoice tracking system with Publisher for online advertising sales
• Quarterly meeting with external accountant
Skills and experiences:
• Must have own computer with current quickbooks installed (file is currently QB Pro 2014)
• Expert Level Quickbooks, including import of banking transactions and journal entries
• Experience in a start-up and small business environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and calculating formulas
• Familiarity with Google drive
• Experience coordinating information from multiple platforms
• Understanding of balance sheets and P&L;
• Must not embezzle
• Sense of humor.
Please send us a note about your work that includes your hourly rate requirement, as well as a formal resume and client references to email@example.com. This listing was posted on December 10, 2015; we will note here if the role is filled. UPDATE: WE DID IT!!!