Some things to take in during this CALM BEFORE THE STORM weekend….
• How do you solve the problem of hiking? Surprise, it’s with audiobooks.
• What do you do on the Day of the Goose? Spoiler… it doesn’t end well for the geese.
• Should you be a telemarketer? No, it’s insanely hard. (I was so bad at it.) And yet, if it’s that or making coffee in Brooklyn, how will you decide?
• Here’s a flashback maybe you missed from December that we’re rereading: Jenny Kutner’s story about her eighth-grade history teacher. (We got back to it via their triple-murder story.)
• A good tab that is still open and as yet unread: Carrie Battan on Lars von Trier. It could be worse! A year ago, we were seeing Sprrinnnnng Breaaaaaaaakers and worrying about Jurassic Park 4: The Jurassicing.
• Also if you want to judge if something is feminist enough or not, why don’t you read through the back issues of Ask Polly? Then let us know!
• The great news also is that if you’re on the go, you can read the week’s biggest stories on your iPhone by subscribing heeeeerrre.