Here's an easy recipe for apple crumble:
1) core and slice 4-5 apples (any kind! I like granny smith! also quince works here if you poach it first. or pears)
2) melt a stick of butter and grease a casserole dish. set butter aside. distribute apples along the bottom of dish.
3) mix 1 cup flour and one cup sugar. Maybe throw in some cinnamon or nutmeg.
4) add an egg to the dry mixture and stir thoroughly until kinda crumbly.
5) spread crumbly stuff over apples. then pour the melted butter over everything.
6) bake at 350degreesF for about 30 min. Serve hot or cold!
THIS MAKES ME HOPPING MAD.
basic rule of capitalism: you can't sell what you don't own. Or at least, not for long.
Look, pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way. We (cyclists AND motorists) ought not to be traveling so fast that we can't adjust for unpredictability within city limits.
That said, NYC pedestrians are extra annoying and unpredictable. Please, please, put your phone away, be minimally aware of your surroundings, and get out of the bike lane.
Also monsters: every cyclist riding the wrong way in the bike lane without lights/helmet who expects ME to make room for THEM. And cars double parked in the bike lane - YOU'RE RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE.
@Samuel915 Wow. I actually give up my seat to pregnant/elderly/disabled people on the subway because I want them to be comfortable - NOT because I fear recrimination from my fellow riders. And I give pedestrians the right of way while I'm riding for an even MORE practical (and less idealistic) reason: if I hit them, it's going to delay me, and I want to get where I'm going.
@sharilyn Well, I mean except for that one person.
Two assaults on one person is not exactly a crime wave.
I'm sorry why not "alterna-bro"? #missedopportunity
Really thoughtful longread. THANK YOU.