Quantcast

On Oysters Shucked

@KarenUhOh : YESSS these are the anecdotes for which comments were invented.

Posted on April 17, 2014 at 2:21 pm 2

On The End Of Comments

@BadUncle : All of my critical responses have been posted because I'm just inherently a bad person.

Except the half-ass copy-editing, of course. That's because I'm a fastidious bad person.

Posted on April 15, 2014 at 11:09 am 0

On The End Of Comments

@BadUncle : YOURE JUST A GUN HATING LIBRUL

Alternate take : (cat gif)

Posted on April 15, 2014 at 11:06 am 6

On The End Of Comments

@barnhouse : Admittedly, I only read posts that already have comments on them. It's kind of a low-hanging-fruit deal, I dunno.

Posted on April 15, 2014 at 10:47 am 0

On The End Of Comments

Please don't make me get a Gawker account just to satiate my urge to comment.

Posted on April 15, 2014 at 10:46 am 1

On The Girl With The YOLO Tattoo

@Clarence Rosario : An entire catalogue, you say? Dedicated solely not to dry goods, or to sundries, but instead to -- thoughts, those most ephemeral of commodities? What a delightfully peculiar notion! And perhaps that peculiar notion itself, being a thought ... is also contained within your catalogue of thoughts! Oh, how merry indeed that would be!

Posted on April 14, 2014 at 1:47 pm 0

On Maybe Shoving Kids In Front Of TVs Isn't The Best Way To Calm Them Down: Study

@spambot model "jane cox" : Congratulations on the most disturbing spam comment so far today.

Posted on April 14, 2014 at 12:59 pm 0

On The Girl With The YOLO Tattoo

@okay yes : I entertained that possibility, but innate pessimism ruled it out.

But I would be perfectly happy to be wrong! And by "perfectly happy," I mean "sweat-sopping, dodged-a-bullet-there happy".

Alternate take : It's no Catskills ibex farm, either way.

Posted on April 13, 2014 at 2:26 pm 0

On The Girl With The YOLO Tattoo

@alicesherman : Apparently the new editors don't feel a need to do much, y'know, editing.

Posted on April 12, 2014 at 2:02 pm 2

On The Girl With The YOLO Tattoo

Man, I do not understand how location works at all.

Sentence 1. "It was Christmas Day, my last day in Thailand ..."
Sentence 3. "After four years on and off in New York City, I had made the decision to move to South Korea to teach English ..."

OK, I'll bite. Narrator, WHERE ARE YOU? Are you in Thailand? Are you in NYC? Your flagrant abuse of linking phrases, tenses, and narrative focus confuses me.

Sentence 4. "Making the decision had been rough, and I had a hard time coming to terms with leaving the city ..."

WHICH CITY.