Quantcast

petejayhawk

petejayhawk

DOCTOR AWESOME

On Small Awl Old

We Demand a Picture of, etc.

Posted on April 15, 2014 at 3:06 pm 0

On Should You Tweet?

I follow back.

Posted on April 15, 2014 at 1:17 pm 3

On Dr. Ruth: Nobody Does It Better (It Being Twitter)

"I asked her if she wanted to take a selfie with me"

You mean a photo? You asked if she wanted to take a photo with you?

Posted on April 1, 2014 at 9:37 am 1

On Meet The Awl

Yes, but what of https://www.facebook.com/awlonawl?

Posted on March 4, 2014 at 10:07 am 2

On The Awl Is Looking For A New Office

RIP Cat the cat.

Posted on February 3, 2014 at 12:13 pm 5

On Do NOT Use An Umbrella For Snow, What Is WRONG With You?

@jaimealyse The word "wrong" doesn't do justice to your wrongness.

Posted on February 3, 2014 at 10:09 am 0

On Weiner Takes All: A Panel Discussion of People Named Weiner and Wiener

@1099508155@twitter Oh, do we speak German in the US? Shit, someone forgot to tell me I guess. What am I going to do with all this English? :(

Posted on October 2, 2013 at 2:18 pm 0

On Fries, In Order

This is fucking bullshit.

Posted on September 25, 2013 at 1:47 pm 2

On Let's Take A Break And Stare Passively At This Baby Panda Meeting Its Mom For The First Time

The part where the mother is trying to claw its way out of a metal cage to get its cub back is particularly heartwarming.

Posted on August 12, 2013 at 2:42 pm 6

On Rough Month For School Hater Jeb Bush

@jolie The way to train for those vocations is to train for the same vocations, but without the "sports" in front of it. Want to learn about the business of sports? Study business. Want to learn about sports marketing? Study marketing. Want to learn about sports finance? ...you get the idea. "Sports management" as an undergraduate (or high school or, god forbid, elementary) focus is pretty ridiculous and utterly pointless. I suppose the same is true for any number of hyperfocused majors/emphases but this is the one with which I am most familiar. I am not sure who is more at fault - millennials (and their parents) who think that every academic and extracurricular pursuit HAS to be hyperfocused ... or the business side of academics that keep coming up with shiny new "catchy" areas of study. Or maybe something else. I don't know what I'm talking about.

Posted on August 12, 2013 at 1:15 pm 1