Attendance at the Metropolitan Museum of Art reached a record high of 5.68 million people in its fiscal year 2011; it rose again, significantly, to 6.28 million in 2012. It fell, slightly, in 2013, to 6.2 million. Attendance numbers for fiscal year 2014 should be available in two weeks or so.
But, while attendance may be flat (or not! we'll see), have you checked out how many followers the Met has on Instagram?
• Flappy Board starring Shaun White Sage Kotsenburg, sponsored by Mountain Dew
• Floppy Birdeos (don't let the flying Oreos dunk too long in the milk!)
• Flap Aboard U.S. Airways (the bird would be a plane here)
• Flappy Curd, brought to you by the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
• Flappy Goatherd, brought to you by the American Dairy Goat Association
• Nappie Bird, great one for Pampers or other diaper manufacturing concerns
• Chappy Bird, navigate a flying tube of chapstick through damaging cold dry air to get to the lips
• Crappy Turd, excellent for a satire site like The Daily Currant to promote their [...]