Monday, December 17th, 2012
- A 42-year-old destitute maniac fired 50 rounds at the Fashion Island luxury mall in Newport Beach, California, on Saturday evening. No one was injured.
- A nut shot an employee at the Excalibur hotel-casino in Las Vegas on Friday night, and then shot himself to death.
- A man opened fire on people in a restaurant and then a movie theater parking lot in San Antonio on Sunday night, injuring one person before being shot by an off-duty sheriff's deputy working as a security guard.
- In Mississippi, one man is dead and two are injured (including the dead man's father) "after an argument over a man 'doing donuts'—or spinning his truck in circles—in a field."
- Two police officers were shot dead in Kansas on Sunday morning. They were investigating a "suspicious vehicle."
- The men suspected of a drive-by shooting Sunday morning in Slidell, Louisiana, were allegedly firing into the family's home in retaliation for an earlier shooting at Gloria's Bayou Lounge that left one man dead.
- A young married couple in Kalamazoo, Michigan, were found dead early Sunday morning after the man shot his 25-year-old wife and then killed himself.
- A 76-year-old man in the Mojave Desert town of California City killed his wife early Saturday morning and then shot himself.
- "Police in Alabama killed two suspects Saturday following separate shooting incidents 75 miles apart that left three other people dead and several injured, including two officers."
This is not a comprehensive list of the U.S. gun violence over the past 48 hours.