12. The clouds never
expect it when it rains,
But the sea changes colors,
but the sea does not change.
-“Edge of Seventeen”
11. The loneliness of a one night stand is hard to take
We all chase something and maybe this is a dream
The timeless face of a rock and roll woman while her heart breaks
Oh you know the dream keeps coming even when you forget to feel.
-“After The Glitter Fades”
10. You can ride high atop your pony, I know you won’t
‘Cause the whole thing’s phony.
9. Heartbreak of the moment is not endless.
-“Think About It”
8. And the summer became the fall
I was not ready for the winter
It makes no difference at all
‘Cause I wear boots all summer long
My eye make up is dark and it’s careless
Some circles around my eyes
Sometimes the real color of my skin
Is my eyes without any shadow.
7. And he says, “What do you love to do?
Outside your world,
Who spends time with you?
Whom do you love when you’re not working?”
6. She is like a cat in the dark
And then she is the darkness
5. Run around like a spirit in flight
Fearlessness is fearlessness
I will not forget this night
4. I’ll follow you down til the sound of my voice will haunt
3. Races are run
Some people win
Some people always have to lose.
-“Races Are Run”
2. She was that kind of lady
Times were hard
But she could come curling ’round you
– “Crying In The Night”
1. So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind
That we all long for sometimes.
And to those that I love
Like a ghost through a fog
Like a charmed hour
And a haunted song
And the angel of my dreams.
Singer/songwriter Stevie Nicks, best known for her solo recordings and her work with the band Fleetwood Mac, turns 62 today.
Emily Gould’s And the Heart Says Whatever is available now!
Photo by Matt Becker